PAUL YONG TAKES LEAVE
Police, Court and Politician in Malaysia
Paul Yong takes leave from Perak state exco duties to concentrate on rape trial
Paul Yong takes leave from Perak state exco duties to concentrate on rape trial
![]() |
| Paul Yong Choo Kiong, Perak state exco member |
In IPOH, Paul Yong Choo Kiong had decided to take leave of absence from his official duties as Perak State Executive Council Member.
In a statement issued today, Sunday 25 August 2019, Yong said he would concentrate on his rape trial in his bid to clear his name and established his innocence.
"I also feel that I should put the interest of the state ahead of my personal interests, as I have always done in my career as a politician, and I will communicate this decision to the menteri besar (state chief minister) today," he said.
Yong, who was charged with raping his former Indonesian maid, claimed trial at the Sessions Court in Ipoh on Friday 23 Augist 2019.
Prior to court proceedings, Perak state menteri besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu had advised him to go on leave.
Yong said he still strongly denied the baseless and unfounded allegations made against him.
"In the meantime, I shall continue to serve my constituents as the Tronoh assemblyman (DAP), as I have always done," he added.
by Fauzi Kadir ° Permadu Malaysia
● 2019 Permadu Malaysia
All Rights Reserved
contact us +60 11 1185 9874
or permadu@gmail.com
pictures and technical support
Zafiyah Hussain


Comments
Post a Comment