Hezbollah confirms the death of Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah

The Iran-backed group Hezbollah reportedly said yesterday, Saturday 28th September, 2024, that its leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah had been killed, confirming his death after the Israeli military said it had eliminated him in an airstrike in Beirut the day before. Reporting from Jerusalem/Beirut on the same day, Reuters suggested h is death marks a devastating blow to Hezbollah, as it reels from an escalating campaign of Israeli attacks. It is also a huge blow to Iran, given the major role he has played in the Tehran-backed regional "Axis of Resistance". Hezbollah said in a statement that it would continue its battle against Israel "in support of Gaza and Palestine, and in defence of Lebanon and its steadfast and honourable people". It did not say how Nasrallah was killed. The Israeli military said earlier that Nasrallah was eliminated in a "targeted strike" on Friday on the group's underground headquarters beneath a residential building in Dahiyeh...