Pretty Siti, Pity Siti

Siti Nurhaliza's voice PROBLEM

You have money, you can go and pray in holy Makkah, Saudi Arabia as many times as you wish. For poor people like me, we can still pray, but at home or in nearest surau.

The Star, referring to entertainment news published by mStar – its Malay language news portal – the English daily reported Malaysian singer Datuk Seri Siti Nurhaliza Taruddin revealed that she was having problems with her voice box while working on her latest album, Sitism.

At a recent press conference on Wednesday, September 20, Siti, 44, said that her 20th album took around three months to complete due to vocal complications.

Admitting that the recuperation process was slow and difficult, the singer told mStar that she had come to terms with the possibility of slowly losing her voice.

Siti slowly accepting the wish of Allah

"At one point, it took a really long time (for my voice) to heal, and I have slowly accepted if Allah were to take away my voice.

"Now that I'm in my 40s, I'm okay if my voice is rough or hoarse. I will still keep singing to the best of my ability. I'm always positive," she said.

Praying in front of Kaabah for her voice's speedy recovery

Siti shared during the interview that she visited doctors multiple times and also prayed in front of the Kaabah during Ramadan for a speedy recovery.

"Never follow my heart"

As for the comments from netizens who said that her voice isn't the same as before, the singer said: "Before this, there were listeners who talked about how much my voice has changed but it's not something I take to heart.

"We must always be thankful and positive. I will do my best, and this album is also the best I can give at the moment," she concluded.

Sitism was released digitally with eight tracks on June 30. A version with 12 songs was released on September 8.

The appearance and act on the above video are for illustration purpose only.

End©Permadu


By Fauzi Kadir,
Chief Editor

Assisted by Rahayu Mansor,
Assistant Editor


Final editing and brought to you by
Fauzi Kadir CHIEF EDITOR

© 2023 Permadu Harmony Bersepadu
(Semua Hak Cipta Terpel
ihara)
All Rights Reserved 
Contact Us: permadu@gmail.com

(DILULUSKAN UNTUK SIARAN OLEH LEMBAGA SIDANG PENGARANG)
PUBLISHED UPON APPROVAL FROM THE EDITORIAL BOARD  

Comments

POPULAR POSTS from Permadu Malaysia

Beer, khalwat and a hundred other non-halal things

Satu demi satu agamawan problematik muncul, terkini Dr Mashitah Ibrahim

Representing 22,000 lawyers, Malaysian Bar to challenge Pardons Board's reduced Najib's jail sentence and fine

Sultan Ibrahim tidak akan melayan sama sekali mereka yang melobi untuk mendapat gelaran Tan Sri, Datuk

Gaji CEO TNB khabarnya berjuta, tapi prestasi GLC itu macam tak sepadan

Imam, son and religious officer arrested — Alleged RM1.2m corruption involving marriage registration in Perlis

Jabatan Penjara Malaysia jawab "Abang Mat" mengenai layanan kepada Anwar sebagai banduan

Guna air-air janggut, kaki, rambut dan gigi dalam masakan tidak benar, kata pemilik, pembimbing rangkaian restoran

Jokowi, anak beranak, ipar dan menantu cuba kontrol Indonesia — rakyat hilang sabar, mula membenci Jokowi, berdemo, membakar

Handsome anak lelaki tunggal Anwar Ibrahim dan Wan Azizah